Sunday, July 1, 2007

Before and After the IAC Certification

Before and After the certification I still do coaching. Then, why we care about the certification. Here are some of the impact I have experienced:
  • I spent 8 months for my certification process and it was the most impact and advanced learning I ever had after my completion of the Coachville SOC program.
  • I started full time coaching in 2003 and at the beginning none of my clients (most from referral) asked about whether I am certified or not. However, when the coaching benefit is getting well admitted by the corporates in Hong Kong, my new corporate clients and consultant partners are always asking this question. Moreover, they are very curiose to ask me about what is IAC and ICF as an informaiton for them to set the standard when hiring new coaches.
  • As soon as I was certified, I was asked what and how is that about because my fellow coaches are interested in doing same for themselves. Soon, I was hired as their mentor coach and they passed Test 1 in 2 months and have already began to recording coaching sessions in English for test 2 submission.
  • After I put my IAC-CC title on my usual coaches listing in the HKICC website, I got more enquiries from global coaching and consulting firms looking for partnership with me. Their focus are more on leadership and mentoring role of their current or future base in Hong Kong, China and even Asia. I felt an upgraded as an international coach.
  • I was invited by IAC to become their member of governor in pursuing their project about the international multi-languages certification. It's my great honor for representing from Asia.
  • I was invited by HKICC to speak at their Professional Development Meeting to sharing my IAC Certification Journey.
  • I received very encouraging support from my fellow coaches in realizing the Chinese Certification dream.
  • My international coaching network has been expanding day by day where I could learn the most up to date coaching news.
  • I got my first CEO coaching contract from China with a Chinese listed local company.
  • I got repeated contract from PCCW.
  • Without touching too much on this and my income is increasing........

No comments: